Seoul's Daehangno district was brimming with visitors on Sunday for the opening of "2023 Welcome Daehakro," the largest domestic performance tourism festival in the country.
The festivities began with a vibrant opening show on the main street, which was closed to traffic for the event. The opening show featured a festive parade of performances from musicals, dance, taekwondo demonstrations and marching bands.
As part of the festival, fringe performances will continue throughout October, with a series of outdoor shows at Marronnier Park on Sunday and on Oct. 27-28. These performances will showcase a diverse range of street arts, including theater, musicals, non-verbal shows, magic and classical music.
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- S. Korean shares close higher ahead of US inflation data
- SK hynix starts supply of world’s fastest mobile DRAM for China's Vivo
- Seoul shares down amid possible US government shutdown woes
- [Today’s K
- LG Twins capture 1st Korean Series title in 29 years
- JYP to 'take K
- Bikes or motor vehicles? E