S. Korean industry minister visits Africa for World Expo bid, economic ties
简介South Korean Industry Minister Bang Moon-kyu has met with President of Cabo Verde Jose Maria Pereira ...
South Korean Industry Minister Bang Moon-kyu has met with President of Cabo Verde Jose Maria Pereira Neves and asked for the African country's support for its bid to host the 2030 World Expo in the southern city of Busan, his office said Saturday.
Bang visited Cabo Verde on Friday (local time) as President Yoon Suk Yeol's special envoy and discussed ways to enhance bilateral cooperation on agriculture, trade, investment, energy infrastructure and the overall economy, according to the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.
He also delivered Yoon's letter to the president, in which Yoon sought Cabo Verde's backing for Seoul to win the bid.
He was the first South Korean minister-level figure to make a visit to the African country.
Ahead of the meeting, Bang met with the African nation's finance minister, Olavo Avelino Garia Correia, and held talks on economic cooperation.
The two sides also signed two memorandums of understanding, which call for cooperation on agricultural machinery and for enhancing personnel and information exchanges regarding their economic and industry fields, respectively.
Bang was accompanied by an economic delegation involving 30 officials from the agriculture promotion institution, Korea Electric Power Corp. and other relevant organizations, the ministry said.
The selection of the host country is less than two months away, and the South Korean government has gone all-out to win the bid.
South Korea and the African nation have not built a strong partnership "due to geographical constraints," and this visit will serve as a chance to initiate close ties, the ministry said.
Before his trip to Africa, Bang visited France on Thursday for a summit of the International Energy Agency (IEA) on supply chains of critical minerals and clean energy.
On its sidelines, Bang met with U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm and agreed to boost bilateral cooperation on nuclear power generation and a wide range of energy issues "in a future-oriented manner," according to the ministry.
He held separate talks with Japan's economic minister, Nishmura Yasutoshi, to discuss ways to strengthen ties in critical minerals and advanced industries, among other fields.
During his meeting with Northern Australia's resources minister, Madeleine King, Bang asked for her government's support for South Korean companies conducting investment projects there with regard to key minerals.
Bang also met with his counterparts from France and Indonesia, as well as IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol, the ministry said. (Yonhap)
HANGZHOU, China -- South Korea won the inaugural title of the League of Legends (LOL) competition at ...
The Financial Supervisory Service, South Korea's primary financial regulatory body, has issued ...
9월 셋째 주 주요뉴스 키워드는 #통계조작 #조국 #최강인 의원직상실 #정유정 계획범죄 인정 #세수 펑크 #이재명 체포동의안 가결 #미국ㆍ이란 수김자 맞교환 #윤 대통령 UN총회 ...
Traffic heavy on expressways following Chuseok
야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
[이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
Diplomatic vehicle blessed for safety via Hindu ritual by S. Korean Embassy in India
[이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- Hana Financial signs MOU with Saudi Arabia's EXIM bank to expand cooperation
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- [Today’s K
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- Posco to build joint venture with US grain company
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- Apple to launch iPhone15 series in S. Korea on Oct. 13
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- S. Korea, US conduct underwater search operation for downed jet, Korean War remains
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi